DVD Beginning Woodcarving-Ellenwood8401
Key topics covered are:
- • The anatomy of wood and what are the best woods to carve.
- • How to correctly carve wood to get clean smooth cuts.
- • What are good carving tools to buy.
- • How to properly, and safely, use carving tools to achieve maximum efficiency.
- • How to sharpen carving tools.
- • How to develop an idea into a finished carving.
- • Lots of tips and techniques I’ve learned over my 30 plus years of carving and 20 years of teaching experience.
- • Plus 2 projects.
Professionally made in a studio, using 3 cameras, 210 minute video is divided into 14 chapters:
- Anatomy of Wood
- Carving Knives
- Sharpen Carving Knives
- Stylized Bird
- Chisels, Gouges and “V” Tools
- Sharpen Gouges and “V” Tools
- Tool Practice
- Flower Relief Carving
- Good Woods to Carve
- How to start a project
- Clamping Devices