Carving in Moose Antlers - Matz1262
This book is designed to guide the carver through the entire process, from selecting the antler to carve to finishing and displaying the finished carving. This book can also be helpful to carvers who want to carve in antlers of other animals, in animal horn, bone, and even wood.
Inside you will find over 230 color photographs to guide you step-by-step in:
* Selecting, laying out and designing your carving;
* Avoiding pitfalls in layout and design;
* Selecting the bits and/or burs to do the job;
* What to consider and watch for when doing the actual carving;
* How to power carve in moose antler;
* How to finish and display your carving patterns;
* Sources for materials and supplies.